Visa and residence permit



EU/EEA citizens


UE and EEA citizens do not need a visa to stay in Poland. After no longer than 91 days of stay they need to visit local Voivodship Office and register. The applicant must prove that he's subject to a public healthcare insurance, and has enough money to cover the cost of stay in Poland.


Non - EU/EEA citizens


Students of non-EU/EEA countries can enter Poland on the basis of a valid travel document (passport) and a visa- if required. Such student must obtain a visa from the Polish consulate or embassy in his/her country of residence. Details on Polish missions  abroad can be found here ( .  We would like to stress that the process of obtaining a visa takes over a month. Therefore, it is advisable to make all the necessary arrangements well in advance.

Visa types:

• National Visa (D) allows a foreigner to enter Poland and stay within its borders for up to one year. The validity of such visa depends on the purpose of travel. On the basis of national visa a foreigner can travel to other countries of Schengen area for up to 3 months within a six month period.